1. Up, you mighty race, accomplish what you will.
2. We are going to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery because whilst others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind.
3. One Love!
4. Africa for the Africans … At home and abroad!
5. We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God — God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, the one God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship him through the spectacles of Ethiopia
6. A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
7. Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm.
8. God and nature first make us what we are and out of our own creative genius we make ourselves what we want to be.
9. There shall be no solution to this race problem until you, yourselves, strike the blow for liberty.
10. If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won before you have started.
11. Chance has never yet satisfied the hope of a suffering people.
12. Do not remove the kinks from your hair–remove them from your brain.
13. One God, One Aim, One Destiny.
14. Whatsoever things common to man, that man has done, man can do.