We sat down with John Green, one of the founders of new seed bank Medical Marijuana Genetics to discuss how their ground-breaking High-CBD strains came into existence.
1. How was Medical Marijuana Genetics born?
When treating my late mother’s pancreatic cancer in 2014, I became awate of the therapeutic properties of cannabis. The CBD rich (1:1) tincture that I created significantly improved my mothers wellbeing. Sadly, she passed away in the same year, but not before she wrote an open letter saying, “I know CBD can save lives”. Medical Marijuana Genetics was formed the very same day, initially under the website medicalmarijuana.co.uk
2. Why was Medical Marijuana Genetics created? What is the aim of the company?
To find, create and provide access to CBD dominant cannabis.
3. What makes your seeds different?
They are CBD dominant and made for therapeutic and medical use. They have not been created for the psychoactive effects or to get people “high”.
4. What is your most popular strain?
CD-1 is our most important strain. It has amazed all with its growth and stability in every level of production. With stable THC levels at around 0.5% and CBD levels recorded as high as 20%, it represents one not the first non-psychoactive therapeutic cannabis strains available in seed format.
5. What unique strain would you recommend people try from your collection?
Green Doctor (GD-1) is a personal favourite. With a 2:1 ratio and legendary haze flavours, it is still psychoactive but makes a useful cannabis oil in extract.
6. If you could say why people should buy from Medical Marijuana Genetics in one sentence, what would that sentence be?
We are an organisation that is learning, like many others, of the benefits of cannabis medicine; any sales will further that knowledge and go toward further work in creating the most therapeutic cannabis strains possible.
7. Any special/secret cultivation tips you can let our readers know about?
Grow with care, compassion…and good clean water!
8. Do you have any brand new strains soon to be released?
We are launching with our five most exciting strains, with further limited editions throughout 2017. We are also looking at creating new strains rich in certain medically beneficial cannabinoids such as THCV.
9. What does the future hold for Medical Marijuana Genetics?
We aim to the be the world number one medicinal seed bank within a year.
10. How can people find out more about Medical Marijuana Genetics?
Visit 18 Karat Reggae on a regular basis.