Yesterday the reggae community got quite a scare when Trinidad’s security minister, Stuart Young, said at a media briefing that because of Buju Banton’s criminal history he would not be allowed in Trinidad without an exemption.
At the time of the meeting the exemption had not yet been filed and young asked the media to get word to the promoters that “they need to make an application to the Minister of National Security for an exemption.”
The promoters of the event got Young’s message and the exemption was files late yesterday evening. The security minister, like he said at the briefing, he was ready to sign the exemption. So Buju Banton now has the green light to take his Long Walk to Freedom tour into the twin island of Trinidad and Tobago.
The show is scheduled for next Sunday, April 21st at the Queen’s Park Sa¬van¬nah.
This will be the third leg of Buju Banton’s Long Walk to Freedom tour. He kicked off the tour in Jamaica before moving on to the Bahamas. After Trinidad, the living legend will be moving on to Barbados the following weekend.
As of Wednesday this week, more than 2,000 foreigners had already bout tickets to the show.